Charge forth to 2017 with Kotobukiya's Nicolas Brown

, , No Comments

A rugged male figure without the delicacy and slender silhouette of my usual trope of bishies, an outlier in my collection. Who's this dude with that evil smile?

The first that I've heard of the anime GANGSTA. was during one of my daily religious visits to Amiami's webpage, where I chanced upon Worick Arcangelo's hot 1/8 scale by Kotobukiya. I have a soft spot for long hair males, and wanting to get him, I immediately checked out the show... Only to be drawn to this katana wielding, drug abuser, and deaf man in suit (who doesn't appreciate a smart attire?). I've since abandoned all thoughts of Worick and pre-ordered his deadly silent partner instead.

This is the star of the last day of 2016, Nicolas Brown.

Figure information:

Series: Gangsta.
Manufacturer: Kotobukiya
Product Line: ARTFX J
Scale: 1/8
Material: PVC
Sculptor: Hattori Tatsuya
Release Date: Oct. 2016

As my first and only Kotobukiya male figure (to-date), I did not realise, or perhaps chose not to, how Megahouse has distorted their male's body proportions. To proof my point, I captured a side-by-side comparison of Megahouse's Sebastian Michaelis to Nic:


Despite their glaring difference in thickness (pardon my crude wording), both proportions served their characters well, which I believe only good figure sculptors can pull off.


Alright I've delayed this shoot long enough, time to get down to business ---> 


Having swiftly decided on 'Classy' as the theme, I spent a day building the backdrop from my stocks of black styrofoam boards - I used 1 board for the top 2 'mould walls' & 1/2 board for the mirror wall.

Dimensions for construction:

Left wall (Mirror): 216 x 300 x 5 mm THK
Back wall: 225 x 300 x 5 mm THK
Right wall: 200 x 300 x 5 mm THK

Frames (rolled up strips of fancy paper, similar to background) are 15-17.5 mm width


Being a drug abuser who enjoys slaying his preys, the current backdrop looked too tame and clean for my liking, so I've to spice things up with some poster colour blood. Careful not to mix in too much black or you'll have a hard time getting out of the Brown zone.


Testing out the blood splattered wall next to a mirror that I blu-tacked on

.
.
.


Nic's now ready to go rampage


So glad the blood fell neatly where I wanted it to be


Here's the highlight of the day - a leftover mirror from my Design & Technology Days in Secondary School, finally utilised for what it's worth, reflecting Nic's coolness


That's a hella of a strategic opening by his tummy~


I tried adding Motion Blur, but didn't really like the results... I was gearing for the comic strip dash effects and what is this geez


Your biggest enemy is you


Behind the scene: because the only floor I have didn't match with Nic's base I've deliberately avoided shots that captured that difference... I was too lazy to go and photocopy another floor >.>

Many thanks to Paul for offering timely advice on the blood splatters

xoxo

Upcoming shoots: Tsume Xtra's Uchiha Itachi
Movic's Saito Hajime
.
.
Hopefully

0 comments:

Post a Comment