Uchiha Itachi by Megahouse - last moments with his little brother

, , No Comments
So D-figure, my favourite man, is finally here... After all that painful anticipation and cursing my choice of vendor, the accumulated excitement had long worn down and all that was left was, "Ah, guess I did order him some time ago huh?"

Alright, we all know that isn't true, like I could stop forget or thinking about it?


Nevertheless, it seemed befitting to begin 2016 with my poster man and hopefully, do his infinite beauty some justice. For starters, here's a brief specification:

Series: Naruto Shippuden
Manufacturer: Megahouse
Product Line: G.E.M.
Scale: 1/8
Material: PVC
Sculptor: Arai Kyousuke (love this man really, for bringing beautiful men into our world & into my bleak room... Oh and I need your signature please)
Release Date: Sept. 2015

Since I've started this blog, whenever I travel around I would pay closer attention to any potential beauty spots for my next shoot.

And I've found a pretty darn good one for this.

I have locked on to this particular place the moment I caught sight of its plentiful rocks (of appropriate scale) and general tranquility of the site, including the crystalline water and the lack of human activities. Low human traffic = little distraction + endless staring, which is one of the irritating "cultures" in Singapore.

For fellow Naruto fans, the long awaited battle between the Uchiha brothers is undoubtedly one of the best and memorable showdowns in the ninja universe, and since it took place at such a rocky condition with each rocks detailedly drawn to its dents and crevices, I figured why not do the same in reality?


Image source: http://kira919.deviantart.com/art/Sasuke-VS-Itachi-310199036

Why Kishimoto, as though being a fictional character isn't enough, he had to eradicate his no existence from a non-existence universe! *Double blow*

Let's begin, shall we?


Could we take a second to appreciate the clarity and utter beauty of this scene? The complete reflection is no photoshop but it might as well have been!


Even Itachi's crow couldn't wait to take a sip from that water!


Hehe, am really loving the rocky abundance

Despite how sunny the background looks, the spot I was camping at was miraculously shaded, hence the only uncomfortable circumstance was me lying on the bed of rocks (roses are for the weak)


Itachi looks so contented and healthy in this frame, I love it ^.^


You see, I've decided to play around with his Akatsuki cloak and have him look all Dracula-like instead of merely holding it as he originally should. For the wind blown effect too.


So yes, it wasn't meant to be like this, meaning, it was pretty unstable and I had to rush to stop it from tumbling off his shoulders...


Great weather, great feels


Love how Megahouse's figure looks great both front and back (digging that ponytail & men with long hair in general <3)

Shisui Mangekyou effect (that crow overlapping eye scene in anime), although in this version Itachi is just wearing his normal Sharingan


許せサスケ、これで最後だ。
Forgive me Sasuke, this is the last time.

I have been so focused on Itachi that I was so tempted to leave Sasuke by the rocks... You see, the thing with borrowing landscapes is the matter of time. There's only so much time you have before the sun rises and ruins the photo exposure.

However, I really wanted to reenact the final fight scene so...

Oh, while all these was happening there was a wedding shoot going on by the bridge too. Though personally I wouldn't want mine to be here...

So here's Manga X Photography #2 of my interpretation of the Uchiha brothers spent in blood and bruises (and perhaps some black flames?)


My foolish little brother...


No matter how I look, Sasuke seems to be the only one looking hostile...


Nowhere to run


お前の目は俺だ、サスケ。 
Your eyes are mine, Sasuke.

On a serious note, please forgive me, as I've took my own sweet time and turned out this miracle spot ain't so much a miracle... The sun was rolling fire on my back and I was sweating buckets and the glare was just... It was a miracle the figures did not melt under the direct exposure.



When I just arrived the sky was practically a clear canvas and suddenly these cuties began dotting the sky... Well, they are called the fair weather clouds and a sign of great weather ahead... TT

*****

Then, there was also this cool spot in Bishan Park that I wanna use for this shoot, but they went on and installed frigging lamps and destroyed the whole in the woods feel...


We fans all know how they always travelled through the forest between villages and missions, and I thought I could emulate that from my neighbourhood park (lol) but now I could only use those vertical accents to frame the photographs...


Looking hostile, again



...And ready to kill.

Unfortunately, it has gotten to a point where I couldn't stand his hostility and I had to sell him off...
Alright jokes aside, it was more of a case of character dislike than his face, since I've originally bought him to complement Itachi. Now that I've got these, no point keeping him around hmm?

Forgive me Itachi.

In the meantime, for all Itachi fans who have missed this amazing figure from Megahouse (much love), or for those who wants more of Itachi goodness (me), Tsume-art has recently sculpted a 1/10 scale of him in edo-tensei mode and is already up for pre-order, while the folks at S.H. Figuarts has released a painted prototype of Itachi in his Akatsuki outfit in this Naruto Ninja Council S.H. Figuarts  lineup. Fingers crossed and uncrossed and crossed that it'll be made a reality and not be another shelved project like their previous Naruto Figuarts Zero line...

That was really frustrating.


以上。

ー公子



0 comments:

Post a Comment