Senjougahara's Top Picks - Flowers

, , No Comments
So, the other day at Flower Dome there were a few species that caught our tsundere's eyes & I thought I should share some of her "top picks" here. Enjoy!


Above is our Flower Ambassador, Senjougahara Hitagi from the well-aclaimed anime, Bakemono Gatari. This is also my first figurine that has inadvertently ignited this collector's frenzy in me. She is a 1/8 scale EX figure by SEGA, released in 2012, 3 years after the show aired. And I've bought this... 2 years later. So much history eh.


Hitagi is gazing thoughtfully at a bed of Lupinus cultivar from America, and no, it wasn't named after Lupin the Third, since they have been consumed by Ancient Egypt over 3000 years ago.


The garden's current theme is Nursery Rhymes and the Lupins were generously planted under the "Little Bo Beep" section.


Just staring at these harlequin of colours brightens up my day!


Just beside it we have a cluster of larkspur (Delphinium cultivar) surrounding the big Daddy cow and another bed of vibrant purple ground covers that holds a resemblance to purple daisy (sadly I can't find the name of this flower) where the little ducklings were warmly nestled.


Next to the pathway dividing the flower beds we have "Baby Elephants." Truth be told, when I first saw them I was thinking about Thailand more than some kid's bedtime story.


After a long day of fetching water, they're taking a nap among the safety of the flowers.


 Here we have the favoured flower of the anime industry, Hydrangeas, in its different stages of bloom.


Have anyone seen before a black flower? Me neither, but look what I found! I was so fascinated that I actually sat by the pavement in front of it. This is actually pansy in a shade of purple so dark that it appears black. For ladies (and gentlemen alike) who wishes for your other half/ potential boyfriend to pay a little more attention to you, just send him/her a stalk. In the flower language, pansy means to think of you.


So mysterious, it silently draws you in and piques at your curiosity.


Hitagi & I have to argee on one thing - how is this possible? It is like a cousin of Delphinium 'Blue Jay,' except much more alluring and frolic.




If anyone has an idea what the above plant is, please let me know in the comment section below. I was so distracted by its colour varieties that it slipped my mind to ask for its name.

It is indeed a luxury and pleasure to be able to witness such a colourful array of perennial plants in a tropical country like Singapore, and I cannot begin to imagine the amount of maintenance cost & labour the garden is pumping in just to keep up this pretty front!

That's all for today's "Top Picks," please continue to love flowers and spread the art of flower appreciation!

xoxo






0 comments:

Post a Comment